Projects are a great way to organize your 3D models and associated files. Projects can be shared with team members or external partners for streamlined collaboration.
Create a Project
- Login to your Fictiv account
- Select "Workspace" from the left-side navigation bar
- Select "New project folder"
- From within the Project, select "Upload project files"
- Select all the files you'd like to upload - this can be 3D models, 2D drawings, or any other associated files.
Within a Project you have the ability to associate a 2D Drawing with a specific revision of a 3D model, building in additional clarity.. To link a Drawing to a 3D model:
- Select "Link"
- Select the PDF file you'd like to link (Pro Tip: within the file select dropdown menu, you can search for a file's name)
The last step in setting up your Workspace Project is inviting collaborators - whether internal teammates or external partners.
- From within the Project, select "Share project"
- Copy the Guest access link and share with your collaborators - Anyone who clicks the link and logs in to their Fictiv account will become a Collaborator within the Project.
- Alternatively, to invite multiple collaborators at once, enter their Emails into the "Invite collaborators" text box and select "Invite to project"